Updating your image and wardrobe can seem like a daunting task if you’re not sure where to begin; as your image expert I’m delighted to share my tips to help you turn this “task” into an exciting adventure as you transform from frumpy to fabulous.
1. Zip it up- This is what I call the model strut, you will never see a model rocking the runway without a sassy pep in her step. Displaying good posture is the key to zipping it up. Practice in the mirror or on the sidewalk, just make sure that get it. This can literally make you appear up to 10 pounds slimmer.
2. Dress for the size you are now- Stop holding on to those jeans that you’ve had since high school. Buy clothes in the size that you currently wear, not the size you would like to be. Dressing in your appropriate size for your body type can instantly make you appear lean and polished.
3. Invest in a new bra- 70% of women in the United States are wearing improper bra sizes. Go to a specialty bra store and get fitted. This is a major to-do when you want to go from frumpy to fabulous. (just a warning, this can become addictive)
4. Dress for your body type- The size on the inside of your garment doesn’t matter as much as having apparel that fits your body type.
5. Don’t forget your Spanx- Spanx is every girl’s best friend, this is a body shaper like no other; flatten bulging bellies and smooth cellulite dimples with this undergarment miracle worker.
6. Layering- This is a key element to creating a fabulous signature look that is polished and well put together. Feel free to mix and match items with jackets, blazers, belts, vests, etc.
7. Brand your accent pieces- Find a staple piece and run with it. As for me¸ I love shoes and handbags; use your staple piece to set yourself apart from the crowd, this can be a scarf, broach, feathers, flowers, you name it, the sky is the limit.
8. Get a mini face lift- You don’t have to go under the knife to get your eyebrows shaped, facial hair removed and eyelashes applied. It’s as simple as 1-2-3. You will appear younger and radiant as soon as you’re done
9. Get a new hair style- A fresh new haircut, some extensions or a new hair color can turn your life around. Be sure to schedule a consultation with a specialist to ensure professional and accurate results.
10. Get a massage- Take the weight of the world off your shoulders by getting a massage. This will help you to relax tight muscles, release poisonous toxins and balance the fabulous new you
Sylvia “Secret” Mikell is a Georgia native. Secret is the President and Image Expert of Total Image by Secret Inc., she has over 10 years of experience in the beauty, fashion and marketing industries. Total Image by Secret Inc., is a boutique-size image consulting firm that assists women in business and entertainment with improving their quality of life and being successful, while improving their image. Secret helps women to take their stand in the marketplace to be visible to their target audience, create highly marketable and polished personal and business brands through monthly webinars, one-one-one consulting and workshops. For more information on Total Image by Secret visit http://www.totalimagebysecret.com.